Friday, January 30, 2009

Sorry I meant to post this earlier....
I had the best time. It is so much fun meeting new people. John and Lisa fit right in. I do expect to see a tramp stamp on John's lower back next time we all get together. " You don't make a nickle unless we make a dime!" I think that says it all!!!

Kelly's Pasta with Fonitna Cream

1 pd pasta cooked(shells, bow ties etc...what ever you like)
1/2 pound grated Fontina cheese
4 cups whole milk
4 tbls flour
4 tbls butter
1/2 pd cooked bacon
3 lg cloves fresh garlic(chopped fine)
Salt & pepper to taste

Cook pasta in a large pot of heavly salted water. Drain and set aside. Turn burner on med. heat
In large sauce pan add bacon cook till crisp. Drain bacon and set aside. Pour most of excess bacon grease but do not clean pan. Add butter to pan till melted then add garlic and saute till soft but not browned.
Next sprinkle 4 tbls of flour and wisk into butter to form a rue. Let it cook till the raw flour taste is gone. Then slowly add milk...make sure you are using your wisk so no lumps occur. Let this come up to a low boil to thicken. Add the grated Fontina and salt & pepper to taste.
Mix the cooked pasta & bacon with the sauce and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment